Const Port version 1.2 is now finished. I added a 1.1 version to the bitbucket repository but there was only a few random features added so I didn't go through a full release announcement process.
Version 1.2 is mainly focused around adding the ability to configure the UART settings (Baud Rate, Parity, etc.) through the COM menu. There's also a lot of other smaller features and fixes added on the side. See the changelog below for a full list of features.
- Reformatted the COM menu to include options for Baud Rate, Num Bits, Parity mode, and Stop Bits
- Changes to the COM menu are not applied until you press the Connect button
- Ctrl+[1-9] now open COM port 1-9 rather than just an index in the list of available COM ports
- COM settings are now grouped in a single structure that can be passed around
- Re-enabled the colorful selection for fun (4th of July?)
- Changed the way COM ports are enumerated internally
- Set the supported OpenGL version to 3.0. Modified the shaders to work accordingly
- Added simple line marks. You can click on the line number gutter to add marks. Shift+click makes the marks slightly thicker.
- Ctrl+M marks the last line received (Ctrl+Shift+M for thicker mark)
- A readout in the status menu indicates time since last line was received
- When text is selected the readout indicates how many characters are selected
- Removed max size limit on the window
- Disabled the TOPMOST option when compiled for release mode
- Connected COM port is displayed in the window title and in the status bar